Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

original.png

Backstage Intro: Meet Carina

Richard

Hello Carina (Community Rock Star), nice to meet you. Tell us a little about yourself.

Hej hej! I'm Carina, 21 years old since Sunday and I live near Frankfurt in Germany. I'm definitely interested in too many things, including music/festivals (of course!), playing bass and guitar, discovering new places around the world, astronomy, photo- and videography, computer science / tech-related stuff.. Really, I'm still struggling with finding the right course of studies as I'm interested in so many different fields. But before I'm going to visit university, I plan to do a world trip - mostly hitchhiking and couchsurfing 🙂

original.jpg

So, what kind of music are you into?

My taste in music is as widely varied as my interests: I enjoy indie-pop and rock, alternative, folk and acoustic / singer-songwriter music, but also electronic, techno, minimal, tech-house, uk garage, chillwave, lo-fi, shoegaze and old-school / german rap. It depends on my mood, the set and setting and the people that are around me. What I don't like is mainstream and music that is played on local radio stations - but sometimes I find an exception!

We've just launched Year in Music 2014! What were your top artists for 2014?

My top 5 artists according to the "Year in Music" review are: Tocotronic / Ja, Panik / Kölsch / Chet Faker aaand Kerstin Gier, who is a writer. I listened to one of her really long audiobooks (146 tracks).. Kinda sad she made it to my music list but yeah, I also listen to audiobooks sometimes. Let me say something about the other artists: Tocotronic and Ja, Panik are both german bands whose music is not as awesome as their lyrics. Yes, I have to say that.. I love the lyrics of their music but it took me a lot of time until I enjoyed the rest, too. I recommend Chain Gang by Ja, Panik - it's one of the few songs that I loved from the first listen. Well and Kölsch's Album 1977 was my electronic soundtrack of the summer! Saw him twice this year (could have been 3 times) and still can't stop listening to this LP. All "ravers" know his top hit Loreley that was released last year and it's pure joy to celebrate with these euphoric positive people.

Which of your playlists are you most proud of? Why is the best playlist on the whole of Spotify?

Ohhh well my playlists are highly "under construction". I save new album and EP releases to a certain playlists and if I like them, I put them to another.. Same goes for nice new songs. I created lots of playlists for different moods but still have to organize and sort my songs from the "keep" playlists into them. Right now I only publish festival playlists but if you're interested in my favorite songs, check out this playlist: Lieblingslieder - Last.FM ("lieblingslieder" means "favorite tracks" - I imported these from lastfm and regularly add new tunes).

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us. Before we go, what joke always makes you laugh?

Thanks for the interview and a shout-out to this super cool community with all its amazing userd!

I have to answer this last question with the following gif set, because I don't know any jokes. 😛

9 Comments