Spotify Community Blog

The Spotify Community

Spotify Community Rock Star Program

by Community Manager on ‎2013-11-06 04:18 PM - last edited on ‎2015-09-24 12:37 PM by Community Manager (89,645 Views)

Hello Spotify lovers!

Have you ever shown a friend how to sync a playlist? Ever explained how Spotify works to a group of people? At Spotify, we know users helping users is something special.

That’s why we’ve created the Spotify Rock Star Program to recognize awesome contributorsProgram members have already received:

The Spotify Community is a place to get help, help others, and talk about music. So if you know answers to your fellow Spotify music lover's questions, why not help out?  

We look forward to you joining our band. Check out the attached PDF for more info (updated November 2014). If you'd like to join the RSP just let us know in a private message or by posting in this thread.

See you around!

The Spotify Community Team

Comments
by JCristole on ‎2013-11-07 05:48 PM
I Share SpOtify And Explain It Often. LoveIt!
by International Sensation on ‎2013-11-07 09:00 PM

Very pleased and proud to be part of the rock star team :D 

Peter

by on ‎2013-11-07 10:44 PM
This rocks...
by on ‎2013-11-07 11:28 PM

Awesome! I like to develop programs/apps with your API, will that count for anything? :)

by on ‎2013-11-08 12:49 AM

i'm so glad to be apart of Spotify :D i enjoy Helping people :)

by osornios on ‎2013-11-08 06:09 AM

Great program. I'm an Spotify superuser, and embassador with my friends, even if I don't post that much here.

by Community Manager on ‎2013-11-08 10:36 AM

@Christoffer Absolutely! Here's some tips and tricks for contributing to our community. 

by schtevey on ‎2013-11-08 11:05 AM

I'm a huge fan of the servce and have been premium for a long time too.  I advocate it to all of my friends and love this step you have taken.

by ktinamk188 on ‎2013-11-08 04:09 PM
This is great. I'm constantly telling people that Spotify is the best $10 I spend a month!!
by katsumii on ‎2013-11-11 10:00 AM

ktinamk188 wrote:
This is great. I'm constantly telling people that Spotify is the best $10 I spend a month!!

Haha, yes. I relate. My teacher listens to her iTunes radio, but it is ridden with ads now. I told her about Spotify, and I pay for "no ads," plus an unilimited access to music. It's so much better than any iTunes or online radio that I know. I hesitated to tell her how much I pay: $5/month (I'm a poor college student, that's a LOT for me! Haha). She said, "that's all?!" She knew Spotify when it was still only in the UK. Well, it's change a lot since then - and for the better. 

I enjoy telling people that it's only $5/month for unlimited access with ZERO ADVERTISEMENTS, and I listen to music via Spotify at work, school and home. Of course, it's $10/month for the extra-extra features, like carrying Spotify with you on an MP3 player, etc. But I am very happy with $5/month for the service I use! And always new music added!!

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. :)  Thanks for the great service, Spotify team!! I am speaking, of course, of the software AND the friendly and helpful community!

katsumii

by kerbilee on ‎2013-11-12 07:13 PM

How do this program work?

by Festival Headliner on ‎2013-11-12 07:26 PM

kerbilee wrote:

How do this program work?

Just check out the attached PDF file in the first post - there should be all info in it that you need. ;)

by ‎2013-11-12 09:36 PM - edited ‎2013-11-12 09:37 PM

I love Spotify.

If you ask How will I know that Spotify Rock Star program works...

Yeah, I can tell you... I have my home full of stuff with Spotify content :) Like Spotify bags, t-shirts, usb-sticks, sunglasses, umbrellas...

Even my grandma have Spotify bag and she's happy about it ;)

by on ‎2013-11-12 11:28 PM

Has anyone else noticed that @hpguru 's album covers all feature pretty girls?

by on ‎2013-11-13 09:30 AM

jwylot wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that @hpguru 's album covers all feature pretty girls?

Hopefully yes.

I listen underground music with cool covers.

There pretty girls are models and record label is DJ Beat Records :))

by kharma_bum on ‎2013-11-21 03:40 PM

I love, love, love Spotify!! I am an IT Software Administrator which enables me the abitlity to stream Spotify all day, every day. Yay! I am constantly sharing music on Social Media. As a result, I am sure many new Spotify users have been created. I will do absolutely anything to help Spotify move forward in a positive direction. You can count on me!

by International Sensation on ‎2013-11-21 10:23 PM

@kharma_bum - Look forward to seeing you around the community! :) 

by ascending1 on ‎2013-11-22 11:58 AM

I love Spotify! I'm a high traffic Lifestyle Blogger, and #TheOfficialTwitterPartyDJ on Twitter, I have an organic following that follow my updates about Music, Audio Products and Audio Accessories, oddly enough I reached out to you on Facebook today and then found out about the Rock Star Program on your page, I'm constantly talking Spotify both virtually and IRL life and would love to find ways to partner, perhaps an opportunity for a deeper partnership exists aside from the Rock Star Program? I'd be happy to send over a full Media Kit. I have hosted a Twitter Takeover for the Oprah Winfrey @OWNers Television Network, and would love to host one for you guys next!

@Tracy_Iglesias aka "The Official #TwitterPartyDJ" on Twitter

www.ascendingbutterfly.com (my online home!)

by sydneykaraoke on ‎2013-11-25 02:03 AM

Stumbled upon your service the other day when a customer asked if our system could attach to their phone to play their music.

Customer then married spotify with their karaoke night and apparently the night went off like a firecracker.

Will be happy to spread the word.

Good service you provide.

Cheers, Paul, CEO Karaoke Party Hire, Sydney

www.karaokepartyhire.com 

by blakepleasant on ‎2013-11-26 09:11 AM

This was made for me.  I swear haha I am addicted to Spotify.

My profile to check out: pleasantblake

by International Sensation on ‎2013-11-26 12:58 PM

Looking forward to seeing you around the community guys! :) 

Keep sharing the Spotify love too! 

by ascending1 on ‎2013-12-12 01:53 AM

OK, so we all know we are 'Rock Stars' but the extra validation and premium would be nice.. :)

by RNRRT on ‎2013-12-14 02:56 PM

I am a regular Spotify salesperson!  I have had a few people that became premium members thanks to my showing them the application, tell me I should be working for the company.  lol  ;)

by Legitti on ‎2013-12-18 03:26 PM

Looking good!

by lartus on ‎2013-12-26 10:03 AM

Such a long time Premium user and supporter of Spotify, I'd love to be a Rockstar (IRL too!)

by International Sensation on ‎2013-12-26 10:46 AM

Looking forward to seeing you guys around the community! :) 

by yajtyler on ‎2013-12-30 05:30 AM

I really am interested in becoming a spotify rock star. 

by International Sensation on ‎2013-12-30 10:26 AM

yajtyler wrote:

I really am interested in becoming a spotify rock star. 

Rising stars are reguarly added to the program upon recommendation by the rock star team or by the staff. Just be active and helpful around the community and I have no doubt you will be noticed! ;)

by FreakinScreamer on ‎2014-01-12 05:10 AM

I'm a great cantidate for this.  I try and get everyone I know involved with the service, make it so easy to get music from every person I know.

by International Sensation on ‎2014-01-12 11:21 AM

@FreakinScreamer - Glad to hear it! I look forward to seeing you around the community! :)

by rrodrig452 on ‎2014-01-20 06:01 AM

Hello, My name is Ralph:

Would you be able to decsribe to me how to my personal photo to my Spotify account?

warm regards,

Ralph

by International Sensation on ‎2014-01-20 10:33 AM

Hey Ralph :) 

Currently the only way to add a photo to your Spotify profile is to connect your account to Facebook (from Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Connect to Facebook). It is not possible to upload a photo to use directly to Spotify, although that has been suggested as a future idea over on this topic

by ascending1 on ‎2014-02-18 02:47 AM

Will Rockstars get to visit the New York City office? That's where I am located! I just learned about your Panel for Social Media Week in NYC, had I known sooner you guys would be there I would have applied for a badge! I was so busy with other trade shows I skipped applying for my creds this year and now I really want to attend that event!

Working hard to move up to Rockstar! :-)

by International Sensation on ‎2014-02-18 12:32 PM

@ascending1 - Never visited the US office, but I did have a sneaky trip to Stockholm during the summer (which you can read about here). 

Looking forward to seeing you around the community! :D

by ascending1 on ‎2014-02-22 01:22 AM

Great post, great pictures too! Congrats, sounds like a killer trip!

by on ‎2014-02-22 01:31 AM

So we have to become a Rising Start before applying to be a Rock Star?

by on ‎2014-02-22 08:47 AM

@pnc Yeah :) You have to be a Rising star before you can become a Rock Star. 

by International Sensation on ‎2014-02-22 11:35 AM
No need to apply to be a Rock Star. You apply (or get selected) to be a Rising star, then Rock Stars are chosen from the group of Rising Stars after a period of time (normally a few months). ;)
by Rising Star JCdotnl on ‎2014-02-24 10:22 AM

Want to join hehe!

by International Sensation on ‎2014-02-24 11:02 AM

@JCdotnl - Awesome! Look forward to seeing you around the community! :D

by on ‎2014-02-26 12:01 AM

Hey there.

If you like to help people, it's a good thing. All helpers are noticed here.

by Andymulb on ‎2014-02-28 04:39 PM

I persuaded very many people to use spotify because it's the cleverest idea i've ever heared from to finance a music streaming platform by advertising. Now many guys Iknow are using spotify and are very happy with it and your idea to stream music from a portable device for free with advertisements is such a good additive. Apart from that it's easier to find new artist because of all that professional playlists and i think its esier for artists to get famous. Well done Spotify.

And if you want you can make me famous here's a link to my song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3XdOKQj7EU

https://soundcloud.com/andreas-blum-6/ni-2-2-extended-cut

by on ‎2014-02-28 08:12 PM

Andymulb wrote:

I persuaded very many people to use spotify because it's the cleverest idea i've ever heared from to finance a music streaming platform by advertising. Now many guys Iknow are using spotify and are very happy with it and your idea to stream music from a portable device for free with advertisements is such a good additive. Apart from that it's easier to find new artist because of all that professional playlists and i think its esier for artists to get famous. Well done Spotify.

And if you want you can make me famous here's a link to my song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3XdOKQj7EU

https://soundcloud.com/andreas-blum-6/ni-2-2-extended-cut

Hey there.

Thanks for music. I enjoy music.

by tamarronaldo on ‎2014-03-02 10:18 PM

I would like to explore like everyone
by LILROSEFIRE on ‎2014-03-03 09:12 AM
Hi, I love Spotify and music
by International Sensation on ‎2014-03-03 12:01 PM

Looking forward to seeing you around the community @tamarronaldo and @LILROSEFIRE ! :)

by tamarronaldo on ‎2014-03-03 12:29 PM
Yes you will Peter
by thefabgar on ‎2014-03-16 07:34 PM

Great , this is great.
I'm trying to convince almost everyone I know to stop downloading pirate music and streaming it, with a huge quality, service and super cheap.

I think I've showing people how spotify works since the first month as a premium subscriber. haha.

Will keep an eye in this program.

Thanks to the staff.

by daina123 on ‎2014-03-23 01:03 PM - last edited on ‎2014-03-23 02:53 PM by

SPAM REMOVED

by daina123 on ‎2014-03-23 02:15 PM - last edited on ‎2014-03-23 02:53 PM by

SPAM REMOVED

About the Author
  • "You like Phil Collins?" "I have two ears and a heart, don't I?"
  • 2012 CM at Spotify 2009 Became a dad 2007 CM at EA DICE 2005 CM at Blizzard 2000 CS at eBay
  • I'm pretty awesome.
Announcements
I'm interested in the Rock Star Program
Please log in to apply.

Featured Articles
Welcome to the Community.
Community Guidelines.
All Release Notes.
Beta Testing.
Community Terms of Use.

Beta Test Spotify Desktop
Would you like to beta test Spotify Desktop?

If so, please log in or register.

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.