Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

RSP.png

What's it like to be a Rock Star?

MichaelW
Our Community Rock Stars with the role of Blog Maverick can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog. This submission comes from Rock Star @MichaelW 

Hey there!
Welcome to my first Community blog post!

I'm Michael and I'm 16 years old, from The Netherlands.
In this blog post I'd like to talk about being a Spotify Rock Star! What is it, what do we do, and how did we become Rock Stars.

As Rock Stars we help others around the Spotify Community with answering questions, solving problems, reviewing ideas, and chilling around at the off-topic boards. As a reward for our work we get awesome goodies (like a Spotify umbrella, sunglasses etc), invites to Spotify staff calls, an awesome (I love this thing!) RSP hoodie, and more!
Spotify-Hoodie.jpg 
Community Manager Rorey, wearing the awesome Rock Star hoodie!

Matt Suda (@MattSuda 19, from Houston, Texas): "I try to help as many people as possible in every single board. I'm the iOS expert. I help users with the iOS app and I report any bugs that are found.
I think the Rock Star program is fantastic. For people who love Spotify, it's a chance for them to dive deeper and really get involved with the company and other users. For me it's a chance to gain experience and learn about Spotify because I would like to work there one day. The Rock Star program gives me the ability to show that I'm a hard worker."

Alejandro Oviedo (@OviiiOne 18, from Guadalajara, Spain): "I answer questions in the community, I try to keep alive music chat and off topic boards, I like helping, there's nothing like answering a question in your own language, so Spanish people are mine. About the Rock Star role Ideas Guardian, maybe some people don't like it because you have to search through many ideas, but without ideas guardian, the Ideas Board would be a mess, and I like to know what people want in Spotify, the idea I like the most is: Spotify for microwave ovens.
I love the Rock Star program, I think it's very helpfull, it's like an incentive for those users who want help and want to take part of this dream.

Jordi Kroon (@Jordi 20, from Eindhoven, The Netherlands): "My main job as a Rock Star is to help other users with account related questions and iOS device issues. in the help section. I also like to jump into the Ideas Exchange, there I help the staff to keep an eye on the ideas. Whenever I discover a new track, I post it in the music board (What are you listening to right now)."

Daniel Howell (@Daniel 32, from Buckinghamshire, England): "I really just hang around in the Android section. I don't really use Spotify on any other device (except a wireless speaker with Connect or occasionally on the Roku). I've spent many years participating in forums dedicated to moble phones. In the old S60 days I helped run a pretty well known forum at the time (which has since died out). I moved from S60 to Android and spend a lot of time on XDA where I run custom ROMS, Kernels etc. I also help out in the Tasker chat over there. I guess this experience has helped me gain a good understanding of how Android works.. .which is why I can put into this community some of my experience. 
I think the Rock Star program is very useful. Spotify has a great appeal and getting users to help each other by designing such a program as this is just a brilliant way of recognising and appreciating users input and contribution."

As you can see, we have a variety of 'tasks' to do! 
Would you like to know what you'll need to do to become part of the Rock Star program?

Ace (@AceSteeleYT 14, from Tennessee, United States): "I found out about Rising Stars as soon as I joined the community. I thought it was really cool to have people who love helping and listening to music all in one place! I wasn't really aiming for becoming a Rock Star. I just tried my best to help people who needed help and kept the Offtopic section alive, somewhat. In order to become a Rising Star you have to be willing to help people, you also have to have patience and kindness. Basically keep your cool and be a good person to others. Or... At least that's what I did... 🙂"

Not convinced enough yet? Check out the PDF about Spotify's Rock Star program! Will you be the next one who joins to Rock Star team?

RSPBlack.png
20 Comments