Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[API] Audiobooks API returns 404 not found for shows

[API] Audiobooks API returns 404 not found for shows

Hi there,

I'm starting development on Spotify API, and found a potential bug.

On search API, I query for Harry Potter audiobooks (GET /v1/search?q=harry+potter&type=audiobook) that returns some results :

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (ID 2IEBhnu61ieYGFRPEJIO40)

- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (ID 7F4mIpx6PDOso7MkSErKLK)

- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (ID 5ISJuqOKhpFJyU9qlPK2rF)

At this point, I tried to call audiobook method (/v1/audiobooks/{id}) with previous ID retrieved, for example GET /v1/audiobooks/7F4mIpx6PDOso7MkSErKLK

On all IDs I tried, I always get a similar 404 error, for example : 

Non existing id: 'spotify:show:7F4mIpx6PDOso7MkSErKLK'

Regarding that error message, it seems that it is looking a show type while I'm asking for a audiobook type. I guess this is the root cause of why I cannot found an audiobooks with the ID retrieved in search method.

1 Reply

Howldy Keiwen!
I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with the Spotify API. It seems that you’re trying to retrieve audiobooks using the ID retrieved from the search method but you’re getting a 404 error with a message that says “Non existing id: ‘spotify:show:7F4mIpx6PDOso7MkSErKLK’”. This error message suggests that it is looking for a show type while you’re asking for an audiobook type.

Have you tried using the ID retrieved from the search method to retrieve audiobooks using the search API instead of the audiobook method?
I'm panting for news on your situation, keep me posted!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts