Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple rejects apps using iOS SDK

Apple rejects apps using iOS SDK

Hi,

I am attempting to publish an app that uses the Spotify iOS SDK to generate playlists and manage the playback of music. But it is being rejected by Apple due to it requiring the Spotify app to be installed in order to use my app.

Although offloading the complexity of playback / authentication / networking to the Spotify app simplifies the development process, it becomes counterproductive if that dependency prevents publishing apps to Apple.

Is there an alternative way to manage playback that does not require the Spotify app to be installed? 

This is the feedback received from Apple:

"Upon further review, we found that your app does not comply with the following guidelines:
Guideline 4.2.3 - Design - Minimum Functionality

We were required to install ’Spotify’ before we could use your app. Apps should be able to run on launch, without requiring additional apps to be installed."

Thanks,

Carlos

2 Replies

I think if you need the app you need to in your app check if the Spotify is installed then offer the option to install it from via its App Page link.

I do check and handle it accordingly in my app. But Apple refuses to publish my app because the core functionality relies on another app (Spotify) being installed.
Have you managed to publish an app using the Spotify iOS SDK?

Suggested posts