Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I save spotify data to a database?

Can I save spotify data to a database?

Hello, 

I am making a web app that uses the top 100 songs for a decade (not user-specific data), and as these songs (and information) are the same every single time, I would like to save this data (song, artist (their genres, cover image), audio features, the cover image and/or preview_url ) to a database so it does not make unnecessary calls each time a user selects this specific decade. I also need to use SQL functions to get relevant data (highest valence song). I don't believe it violates TOS because this data is needed to run my application and it would be almost impossible for multiple users to use the app at the same time because of the number of requests, but I would like to be sure.

I believe the relevant section is: "storing metadata or cover art or aggregating metadata, cover art, audio, or other Spotify Content to create databases or any other compilation other than as strictly necessary to offer and operate your SDA;"

EDIT: If I am unable to store this information, could I store the SpotifyID of the song it in a CSV file because this is the only way I can bypass the too many requests API error. 

0 Replies

Suggested posts