Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Design Guidelines Clarification

Design Guidelines Clarification

I recently submitted a quota increase request and it was rejected for the following reason:

Metadata, cover art and audio content must be accompanied by a Spotify logo and a link back to the applicable artist, album, track, or playlist on the Spotify Service 

I was hoping to get help with what is actually wrong with the design submitted (attached below). Would adding a full Spotify (with text) logo somewhere to the trick? If thats the case can I remove the "Open in Spotify" buttons and replace with using the artwork as a link back to Spotify?

Side Note: It would be beneficial to update the websites on the "Showcase" page with apps that actually follow the design guidelines. It was trying to use them as examples of what's correct but many don't follow them. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 9.33.02 PM.png
6 Replies

hey, I got a rejection email with the same reason. did you have any luck in the end? 

Hey!
This is what the same section looks like now (see attached image).

This website was eventually approved and live here if you want to take a look:
https://my-melody.io

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 5.10.27 PM.png

thank you for replying! your app looks great. what was the clincher in the end, was it displaying the spotify logo for each section, or linking the images back to spotify? our app currently displays spotify's embedded iframe of the playlist when you click on the playlist cover image. perhaps we need to display spotify's logo where the images are displayed.

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 10.25.58 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 10.26.04 AM.png

Nice job. The only pitfall is that ChatGPT is completely unreliable about artists' biographies. On the case I tested, it grants a Latin Grammy's award to an independent artist that never got it because he managed a career outside even of radio networks' promotion. 

I like the Top Recommendations of your app. The only thing I have to note: the menu text is barely readable when the page is at the top and one other then the first buttons is selected.

Thanks for info!

Suggested posts