Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify App Remote work without physical Spotify iOS app

Does Spotify App Remote work without physical Spotify iOS app

Hello,

I'm currently developing an iOS app that uses the Spotify App Remote. My app was rejected by Apple because I had users download the physical iOS app in order to use the app which is what one of your IOS SDK demo apps on GitHub, NowPlayingView, does. My question is will the Spotify app remote work without the physical iOS device. 

In my project I used the 

sessionManager.initiateSession(with: requestedScopes, options: .default) to ask the user to sign in whether on safari (if Spotify isn't installed) or in the app but every time I try to sign in the window keeps closing. This is also true for one of your sample Spotify App Remote projects on your IOS sdk demo projects on github, the SPTLoginSampleAppSwift.

This is the error that I keep on receiving

failed Optional(Error Domain=com.spotify.app-remote Code=-1000 "Connection attempt failed." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Connection attempt failed., NSUnderlyingError=0x283832670 {Error Domain=com.spotify.app-remote.transport Code=-2000 "Stream error." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Stream error., NSUnderlyingError=0x283833420 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=61 "Connection refused" UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=61, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=1}}, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Reconnect the transport to the Spotify app., NSLocalizedFailureReason=A stream error has occured in the transport.}}, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Ensure the Spotify app is installed, and try to reconnect., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Could not connect to the Spotify app.})

1 Reply

Hi @raymanan1, 

No, the iOS remote SDK is built to interact with the Spotify app that is installed on the same device. If your app needs to connect to Spotify without the Spotify app installed then you might want to explore our Web API.

Suggested posts