Plan

Free/Spotify for Podcasters

Device/Operating System + app

- Android 10 + Chrome browser

- Windows 11 + MS Edge browser

- Ubuntu 23.04 + Chrome / Gnome Web / Firefox browsers

- LineageOS 15 + Opera browser

My Question or Issue

When embedding a podcast or a playlists with podcasts, like https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2HDThEINAr3VHfLRLgmoW9 for example, on a personal website, the Spotify player does not work on most browsers. Only on Firefox the player works. On all other browsers that I tested, it only says "Preview" and provides links to the original playlist on spotify.com.

The iframe embed code was copied directly over to the web page, as you can see on https://maxwellconroe.com/2023/05/23/the-meaning-of-being/

I placed the embed code from the Spotify for Podcasters account below it, to show the Podcast can play just fine there... Just not in the two Spotify embeds (playlist or podcast) at the top of the page.

Anyone know what is going wrong there?

5 Replies

Sorry, title should say: "... NOT working..."

RavanH_0-1685302726392.png

This is a known bug related to the way third-party cookies are blocked, as you can read here.

Hi Ximzend, thanks for the info! The thing is: even if I set the browser to allow all cookies, the issue remains... Anyway, hope it will be fixed soon 🙂

What is even stranger: while the player fails on the public side, it works just fine on the WordPress admin side in the same browser...

RavanH_0-1685310168233.png

Also, the link that I posted in my first post was automatically converted to an embedded player. And that one works! Even with my browser set to block all third party cookies and DNT enabled.

Why is that exact same player on the external website not working? Feels more like there is something wrong with the player, not with how the browser is handling cookies...

Suggested posts