Brazil
Device
Asus Zenfone 3 (ZE552KL)
Operating System
Android Oreo (version 8.0.0)
Browser
Chrome Mobile (version 87.0.4280.141)

My Question or Issue

I have a Spotify playlist embedded in two different sidebars on my WordPress website (they are two different custom HTML widgets, but with the same embed code).

Embed code (generated with the responsive tool recommended in the developers' documentation) :

<style>.embed-container { position: relative; height: 380px; overflow: hidden; max-width: 100%; } .embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container embed { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; }</style><div class='embed-container'><iframe src='https://open.spotify.com/embed/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWYUyIIJqUwTE' width='300' height='380' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' allow='encrypted-media'></iframe></div>

At apparently random moments, and only in my mobile Chrome browser, the iframe crashes:

chrome-s-KAi-Ga-TCHJ

If I reload the page, it goes back to normal. But after navigating for a while on the site, it crashes again.

The Chrome (where I develop in) console outputs the following message:

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://open.scdn.co/cdn/build/embed/vendor~embed.7349810b.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

I'm not sure where the error is. Help would be extremely appreciated. Thank you.

2 Replies

Hey @renatosbispo, thanks for reaching out here!

Hmm, I've taken a look and things are working well on my end. Is this happening on multiple devices or just Chrome on Android? Could you try to see if the same thing happens on another network connection? Lastly, could you make sure you've disabled any VPN/proxy and are not connected to a restricted network (such as a University/Work network)? 

Keep me posted!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for replying @Hubo.

I have actually found that this also seems to be happening on the regular desktop Chrome on Windows 10, but instead of showing that gray crash placeholder image, it shows a Spotify-style message (with regards to the visuals) saying that something went wrong. I don't remember the exact wording and I couldn't reproduce the error while writing this reply.

It does happens in at least one different network (mobile network), as I have tested.

I'm not using a VPN/proxy and I'm not connected to a restricted network.

Suggested posts