Premium

Country
Greece

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Linux Ubuntu

My Question or Issue
Hello, I'm George, and I'm currently studying computer engineering so I had an interesting idea to make my own custom made boombox and connect it with Spotify connect (just like JBL or Marshall speakers). Are there any ideas on how to achieve that? (I found a device support list so I assume that somebody needs to review and add my device on the supported list or something like that?!)

Thanks!

3 Replies

Hey @george_moust, thanks for coming to the Community!

That sounds awesome! There are some steps to get you started with integrating your device with Spotify Connect here: https://developer.spotify.com/use-cases/hardware/home-audio/. Let me know if you have any questions!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, I completed the form. Now i suppose i have to wait for a reply right?Another question, do I need to pay for that?
Thanks!

In the unlikely event you receive a reply from Spotify, it won't be positive. For whatever inspired reasoning at Spotify HQ, they won't be interested unless you're a potential commercial partner waving a fist full of cash.

However, all is not lost. If you can stomach running an entire modern web browser on your boombox then you can use https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-playback-sdk/ as you've probably already seen. Failing that (it is an absurd requirement, I think we can all agree) you might be able to go down the Android SDK route if your hardware supports that. Otherwise there's nothing else available from Spotify to allow you to actually play audio and that sounds pretty fundamental to your project. Best of luck

Suggested posts