Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to create a playlist by randomly sampling other playlists?

How to create a playlist by randomly sampling other playlists?

Hello. Let's start with context: I'm trying to create a playlist for a ballroom party. It is important to change styles every 3-4 songs. Let's say I want 3 salsa songs to play, then 3 samba songs, then 3 Brazilian zouk songs, then repeat the sequence of styles, but with different songs. Assume that I have access to playlists (mine of from third parties) with 100s of songs separated by style. So, creating the playlist for the party would be a matter of sampling 3 songs at random from the salsa playlist(s), then 3 from the samba playlist(s) and so on. And I want to do that until the total length of the playlist reaches approximately 5 hours.

Assume that I have a Premium account from Brazil and that I may run the script from my computer (Windows 10), then share the playlist with someone else.

Does anyone have a solution that already works for this? Or, if you have any suggested pathways, I am pretty knowledgeable in R programming.

1 Reply

Hi fsseab.

This is something that can be done using Spotify's Web API if you have experience making web apps. If you don't have experience making web apps, or would just prefer a pre-packaged solution, I do freelance web engineering and would gladly help you out.

Suggested posts