Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lyrics on tv are not in sync , can you help fix this?

Lyrics on tv are not in sync , can you help fix this?

Lyrics are in sync on my phone, but when I watch it via Spotify app on tv it’s suddenly not in syncs anymore.
2 Replies

I am having a similar issue. I play music through my truck stereo from my phone and I like to look at the lyrics on my second phone at the same time through the spotify mobile web player in desktop view at open.spotify.com. The issue is that both players will start in sync but then over time the web player will drift further ahead of the actual song play speed, for example, the song will be at 1:30 on my phone that is playing the music but on the web player it thinks the song is at 1:50 for example and is displaying the wrong lyrics. This confuses me because it's like the web player is counting seconds faster than it should which would seem to be a simple fix to set it to not count seconds faster than the clock or whatever it's doing. I suspect this is the same issue you are running into because even if I pull the lyrics up on the web player on the same phone as the app is playing music the lyrics will be out of sync. It's almost like the app and server are miscommunication ir the server is counting too fast and not checking to see if it's in sync with the app periodically. I attached pictures of the issue.

20240806_125324_001.jpg
20240806_125156.jpg

On my Sony Smart TV, the lines lighting up are not in sync with the music. They are usually about a line behind the words being sung.

Suggested posts