Solved!

Quota extension rejected and email follow up ignored

Country

UK

Device

N/A – developer app query

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I submitted my app When.fm a couple of weeks back for a quota extension. I didn't provide a screencast up-front while I was finalising the feature, but did right away by email in response to an initial rejection.

That was 11 days ago and I've not heard anything at all. I checked today and noticed that the app status has gone directly to 'Rejected' even though you were asking for more info and I sent it immediately. How do I now proceed? It doesn't seem like I have permissions to delete the rejected request even thought that's what the developer dashboard tells me to do to make amendments.

The app name is When.fm.

The feature is ready to go if you approve the app, but obviously I don't want to offer onboarding in-app when it won't work for most people!

The screencast of the whole onboarding journey and feature it's in aid of is here: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6H7Ulq9szLI

Any help much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @noelnoelnoel! Did you manage to get in touch with the app review team? Let me know if you're still having difficulties here and we can follow up.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @noelnoelnoel! Did you manage to get in touch with the app review team? Let me know if you're still having difficulties here and we can follow up.

Hi Josh, I did and the request's now been made available to submit again with the extra detail. Really appreciate your help, thank you!

Great, glad to hear it!

Hi @spotifyjosh, if you get time can you please have a look on that?

I have submitted quote extension request to Spotify and got rejected with 2 points.

• The Spotify Platform can not be used to develop applications that modify Spotify Content
  • The Spotify Platform can not be used to develop commercial SDAs
Point 1: I am almost sure that I am not doing any Spotify content modification in my app. No audio modification with bass boosting or equaliser.
Point 2: I am providing Spotify services in my app to both free and subscribed users of my application. That means free users also can listen to Spotify music from my app. There are no restrictions, not forcing the users to subscribe to our app if they want to use Spotify, made it totally free to connect to Spotify.
But they are claiming that i am using commercially! What it could be?

hey @spotifyjosh, I need your help here. What info do I enter on this part of the form

Screenshot (20).png

Suggested posts