Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Refresh Token Not Working

Refresh Token Not Working

I'd been using the API for a few months now (reading currently-playing and displaying it elsewhere) suddenly it stopped working, the program said "Refresh of the Access token is due" anyway, I refreshed it using postman re-entered it into the program and it still kept saying the same thing, I also tried this with the "Spotify Coin Getter" (https://alecchen.dev/spotify-refresh-token/)

The same thing still. What am I doing wrong? 

1 Reply

Hi there Windify, so if you have already tried refreshing the access token using Postman and the "Spotify Coin Getter" tool, and you are still receiving the message that a refresh of the access token is due, there are a few things you can check:

1. Make sure you are using the correct refresh token: Double-check that you are using the correct refresh token for your application. Each application has its own unique refresh token that is generated when you request access to the Spotify API. Make sure you are using the refresh token associated with the correct application.

2. Check the expiration time of the access token: The access token you receive from Spotify has an expiration time, after which it will no longer be valid. Make sure that you are requesting a new access token before the current one expires. You can check the expiration time of the access token in the response from Spotify when you request a new access token.

3. Check the scope of the access token: The access token you receive from Spotify will have a specific set of permissions, or scope, that determine what actions you can take with the API. Make sure that the scope of the access token includes the permissions necessary to perform the actions you are trying to take.

4. Check for errors in your code: Make sure that there are no errors in your code that are preventing the access token from being refreshed correctly. Double-check your code to make sure that you are correctly sending the refresh token and handling the response from Spotify.

Let me know what you find,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts