Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remote controlling from a game

Remote controlling from a game

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

Windows 10 

My Question or Issue

I am trying to understand what is allowed with games. 
Your information suggests that syncing with visual content is not ok. And I have seen examples like rhythm games etc. or games that use music as an integral part of the experience etc. Makes sense that we cannot use Spotify as a shortcut to premium artists on crafted game soundtracks or building a Beat Saber on Spotify music.  

My use case would be quite different and essentially you would be playing Spotify just like you normally would - on the desktop app (this all on a  Windows pc). But the player/user in a VR game would have a virtual radio in the cockpit. It would have play, pause & skip buttons. The interface would act as a remote to control the actual Spotify player running on the background simultaneously.

From my understanding this kind of use would be allowed but I would love to get some clarity.

The most "synced" feature would be pausing the music if there is incoming radio messages. Would this be allowed too? Basically remote pause/resume commands. 

1 Reply

Using Spotify as a background player in a VR game on Windows PC, where the player in the game interacts with a virtual radio interface to control the Spotify player running in the background, is generally allowed. This setup, where the player can play, pause, skip tracks, and receive remote pause/resume commands, aligns with typical use cases of Spotify and doesn't directly sync visual content with the game. As long as the integration doesn't involve syncing visual content with Spotify or using Spotify as a shortcut to premium artists for game soundtracks, it should comply with Spotify's guidelines. However, it's always recommended to review Spotify's official guidelines or consult with their support for specific use cases to ensure compliance.

Suggested posts