Announcements

Search on track object by tempo/bpm

Solved!
Highlighted

Search on track object by tempo/bpm

The Spotify API allows searching for tracks via a multitude of properties, but not tempo. 

Are there any plans to implement this key into the search endpoint for the track object?

I am thinking about building an app to create running playlists and need this feature.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Search on track object by tempo/bpm

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @voxlwolf, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community for help!

That's a good suggestion! There's currently no endpoint to search tracks based on tempo/BPM. You can check out these playlists: 'https://open.spotify.com/genre/running' for already-made playlists based on BPM or check out the Get Audio Analysis endpoint for tempo/BPM information from specific tracks.

If a tempo/BPM Search option is something you'd like to see, I recommend creating a new idea on the Ideas board. That way, Spotify can keep track of it. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Search on track object by tempo/bpm

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @voxlwolf, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community for help!

That's a good suggestion! There's currently no endpoint to search tracks based on tempo/BPM. You can check out these playlists: 'https://open.spotify.com/genre/running' for already-made playlists based on BPM or check out the Get Audio Analysis endpoint for tempo/BPM information from specific tracks.

If a tempo/BPM Search option is something you'd like to see, I recommend creating a new idea on the Ideas board. That way, Spotify can keep track of it. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS