Squarespace — Embedded playlist stuck in "preview" mode

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

2017 MacBook Pro

Browsers Tested

Safari, Chrome, Firefox (tested mobile and desktop for all)

URL

https://sixty-thirty.com/music-test

My Question or Issue

I've embedded a playlist through a Squarespace code block, and it seems to be stuck in "preview" mode. Visitors can't get more than a 30 second snippet. I have not changed the embed code at all, and have confirmed with both Squarespace and Spotify that the code block should work. How do I get out of preview mode?

2 Replies

If your embedded Spotify playlist is only playing 30-second previews, it's likely that the playlist is still in "Preview" mode. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check the status of your Spotify account: Make sure that your Spotify account is active and not in a "free" or "trial" status. If your account is not active, you may need to renew your subscription or reactivate your account to access full tracks.

2. Check the playlist status: Make sure that the playlist you're trying to embed is not set to "Private" or "Unpublished." If the playlist is set to private, only you will be able to access it. If the playlist is unpublished, it will not be visible to anyone but you.

3. Check the embed code: Double-check that the embed code you've added to your Squarespace site is correct and hasn't been modified. You may also want to try re-embedding the playlist with a fresh code block.

4. Clear your browser cache: Sometimes, your browser cache can cause issues with playback. Clear your browser cache and refresh the page to see if this resolves the issue.

If none of these steps work, you may want to contact Spotify's support team directly for assistance. They can help you troubleshoot any issues with your account or playlists, and provide you with further guidance on how to embed your playlist on your website.

I have the same issue.  None of your 4 suggestions above has helped.  How do I "contact Spotify's support team directly" ????

Suggested posts