Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to get current user's saved tracks with free account (via API)

Solved!

Unable to get current user's saved tracks with free account (via API)

I try to get the user's saved tracks (See API: https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-current-user-saved-tracks/)

When doing so with a premium account, everything works as planned.

But when I try it with a free account, i get "HTTP Error 403: Forbidden"...

I didn't find anything in the API documentation that this works only for premium accounts, so I was wondering if I did something wrong, or if in general free accounts can't be used for getting their saved tracks via the API.

I used the following scope: 'user-library-read'

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there, help's here!

Hmm, let's have a look at what's happening. Are you getting the same error when using the console on the website? Also, could you make sure the user is whitelisted on your Developer Dashboard? Open the app you're developing, click on 'USERS AND ACCESS' and then make sure all the users are added. 

Keep me posted!

Have a great day,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there, help's here!

Hmm, let's have a look at what's happening. Are you getting the same error when using the console on the website? Also, could you make sure the user is whitelisted on your Developer Dashboard? Open the app you're developing, click on 'USERS AND ACCESS' and then make sure all the users are added. 

Keep me posted!

Have a great day,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ohh, thank you so much!
I didn't know that you have to whitelist others now... When I first created my app that wasn't a thing ^^

Suggested posts