Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Spotify API to get the actual audio file and merge it over an uploaded video

Using Spotify API to get the actual audio file and merge it over an uploaded video

Hi there guys,

I'm building an application in which people can upload their videos and download a formatted one.
I want to add a feature in which they can also add their best songs from Spotify, browse for any of those and choose one.
Once the uses chooses a song, I want to merge the MP4 file with the audio from Spotify.

I've already got the whole logic of combining files locally, but I can't figure out how I get the actual audio from Spotify API.

For a reference, you can probably see Instagram in which you can choose Music and it combines the 2.

A few more questions that might affect our decisions would be:

1. How's the pricing in that scenario works? Pay per query?

2. Are there any rate limits?

3. Are there any implications regarding Copyrights when using an audio over a video?

Thanks in advance, really appreciate your help,

Bar.

1 Reply

I think the thing you want is prohibited by one or more of these points under "III. Some prohibited applications":

5. Do not create any product or service which is integrated with streams or content from another service.

6. Do not synchronize any sound recordings with any visual media, including any advertising, film, television program, slideshow, video, or similar content.

And also "IV. Streaming and Commercial Use":

1. Streaming only permitted for Premium subscribers.

Lastly, the most important part is: downloading tracks outside of Spotify isn't possible.

Suggested posts