Help Wizard

Step 1



Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...


Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...


`/oauth/authorize` inexplicably failing with "Oops! Something went wrong"

`/oauth/authorize` inexplicably failing with "Oops! Something went wrong"

I figured out my problem, I'm just posting this in case it helps someone else.


I'm not sure if it matters, but I am using the current version of the spotify-ruby gem, and will make this same report there, although I think there is something to learn here for Spotify about how errors could be better reported.


Using the gem, I am obtaining an URL like this:

url = @accounts.authorize_url(scope: scopes)

appears to be a correct oauth authorization URL, but loading it in the browser always results in the subject error (embedded below).


This is an example of the URL:


The problem turned out to be that the "/oauth" part of the URL was incorrect. If I removed that portion, the page loaded fine with the permission flow.


url.gsub!(/\/oauth/, '')


So it looks like the Error page that loads is really a 404 page. It would have saved me some time, and probably a lot of people some time, if that page was more clearly a 404 page and not a vague "something went wrong".




1 Reply

Also, it may appear if your callback URI is without a scheme part(http:// or https://)

Suggested posts