Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Active Duty Military Discount

Active Duty Military Discount

Is there and active duty discount just like the students?

4 Replies

Hey @IncredibleDan,

Unfortunately not, but you can add your support to this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Forces-Discount/idi-p/510708.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So I've seen the link in almost all of the posts, and the comment telling us all to go add a like to that. Of course that was the first thing I did....but here's the thing: That post was created in 2013. The "Status Update" was added in 2015 (2 years later), and there hasn't been one since (a little over an additional 2 years). 

What comes to mind is that old joke about getting handed a flyer on the street. To me it's like them saying "here, YOU throw this away". It's cool and all that the original idea is still up, but it honestly feels like there is noone that is actively even monitoring it.

My 2 cents on the issue...It's hard to find a solid number of the US population that is currently enrolled as a full or part time student, but the number is higher than 10%. Compare that to the percentage of the population that is active duty military at any given time (there are easy to find hard numbers there), which usually hovers around .5%. Half of one percent. This wouldn't put a dent in their bottom line, but would be a huge benefit and show of support for active duty personnel. 

I'm not sure if anyone in a position to make this a reality will even read this, but if they do....if YOU are that person....could you at least put up a status update on that 4 year old post? At least show us that we aren't throwing our quarters into a bottomless wishing well. 

I agree to all of what you said.  I am even trying to like your post, but that option won't highlight. 

It's 'apparent Spotify has no intent on supporting the military.

Ive learned over the years, so many people has this misconception that military members have wealth and we don't need any discounts. Which is so unjustifiably wrong.

As a servicemember, the work around for this that I am personally using is to use the student discount. Military pays for my college right now. And because I'm a student, I can take the discount. I know it's not specifically for military but hey it's working for me.

Suggested posts