Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Different devices

Different devices

So for some reason my Aunt and I are having a battle of who can listen to my Spotify. I had my own account. When I would be listening sometimes she would ask her Echo Dot to play something. Because I was used her Echo Dot it now will automatically use my Spotify. I can be listening to Spotify not even under the same roof and it will boot my music off and let her listen to it on her Echo Dot. Today I upgraded to a Premium Duo plan in hopes to stop this. I called her because I am not home and asked her to log into my Spotify account and ask her Echo Dot to play something. But it STILL shows up on my phone. So I tried listening to something of mine in my phone and it kicked her off. I have tried time and time again to “forget device” for her Echo Dot and it just keeps connecting. Please HELP!!!!

1 Reply

Hey @Shortstuff6490,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

On Spotify, accounts are for personal use and should not be shared with other users. However, it might be confusion about how Premium Duo works.

Premium Duo is a plan for 2 users that live at the same address. The account who subscribed to the plan it's now the owner (or administrator) of it and is in charge of the payments and to invite/remove members from the plan. You can find all the information about how to invite another user to join your plan here.

With that being said, the Echo Dot needs to have the account of the user that is using it logged in to avoid interfering with the music of the other user.

This means that if your aunt wants to play music on the Echo Dot without taking over your playback, she needs to have her own account logged in to the Echo Dot and vice versa. If you're using your aunt's Echo Dot, make sure you're logged in to your account and log out before leaving to prevent this from happening.

Hope this clarifies things a bit. In case you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts