Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I am a premium member, spotify on Samsung TV says not

I am a premium member, spotify on Samsung TV says not

Dear all,

I am trying to log into my account on spotify. I am currently a premium member of a family plan. My mother is the "main" premium member as she pays the bill and invited me as one of her family members. Now I am trying to log into my account on a smart TV (samsung), and after logging in I get the notification "Spotify premium is reqruest for this device. Get a premium account on www.spotify.com". 

I checked my stats and info on my account page, and it states I am a premium member. How can I solve this problem? 

My mom can log in on the Samsung TV, but I would like to use my personal account, obviously.

Kind regards,

Lila

3 Replies

Hey Lila! Welcome to the community.

Thanks for reaching out to us, we'll do our best to help you out.

Since the Samsung TV isn't recognizing your Premium subscription, let's try following this troubleshooting to make sure you're using the correct account.

If you're sure you don't have other accounts you could be using, we suggest reinstalling the Spotify app and giving it another shot.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I have the same problem. I removed the spotify app from the TV and installed the spotify app again. But after inlogging it stills says I need a premium account.

I dont pay premium fe to get this kind of problems.

Please help.

I have the same problem, and in our family no account works with the Samsung TV. All accounts are premium, I use it in my mobile and log in via web. It is premium (since I pay for that) and the account-info on Spotify web confirms this, still Samsung Spotify app says I dont have premium. Bad support Spotify, fix the problem instead of trying to blame the customer or not using "the right account"

Suggested posts