Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I enjoyed ads, can I activate them being premium?

Solved!

I enjoyed ads, can I activate them being premium?

Hi.

I was wondering if there was a way a premium user could switch on ads, and switch them back off when desired. I remembered discovering great albums and playlists through ads and, as I am running out of music I'd like to have them again based on my preferences (like a radio, interrupting every once in a while, I liked it), and of course, excluding that ad asking me to turn premium because I already am. I've tried the radio options in Spotify based on a certain playlist but the songs aren't that good and to be honest, ad music were often better than the daily mix.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Hardow2011 🙂

Ads are removed with the Premium subscription and there is no option to toggle them on or off.
If you are wanting to sample new artists and songs I recommend you checking out the viral and global charts (they update throughout the day) or the vast amount of playlists that Spotify creates and maintains. These are based on emotions or lifestyles - even time of day - that can expose you to a lot of interesting variety.

If you really miss and want to return to the ads, my only suggestion is creating a separate free account and log into that one.
Hope this helps and have a good one! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Hardow2011 🙂

Ads are removed with the Premium subscription and there is no option to toggle them on or off.
If you are wanting to sample new artists and songs I recommend you checking out the viral and global charts (they update throughout the day) or the vast amount of playlists that Spotify creates and maintains. These are based on emotions or lifestyles - even time of day - that can expose you to a lot of interesting variety.

If you really miss and want to return to the ads, my only suggestion is creating a separate free account and log into that one.
Hope this helps and have a good one! 🙂

Thanks Bethany_03 for the reply, I'll follow your advice and try to explore more playslits.

Suggested posts