Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm premium and there is Ads in the middle of a podcast ? What's going on?

I'm premium and there is Ads in the middle of a podcast ? What's going on?

I was listening to a podcast, and now there are ads in the middle of the podcast. That's SO ANNOYING. What's going on ??? The idea of paying for the premium service is not to hear ANNOYING ads. 

Plan

Premium

2 Replies

Hey @Memekin,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

As part of the Premium subscription, all music can be enjoyed ad-free. And while Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers, some podcasts may include advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship independently of the streaming platforms featuring such podcasts.

What we mean is that we provide this option to podcast creators as an extra way to help them monetize and live off of their content. As this is a good way to support content creators we don't plan on taking this feature away from them at the moment and we also don't enforce any mandates on who wants to activate it or not.

This doesn't mean that your feedback isn't heard and that this request couldn't be fulfilled by some other means in the future. On the contrary, this is being monitored and we invite everyone to share their opinion in a constructive manner.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Some podcasts have sponsorships or hos-read endorsements; I don't care about those because you can skip them fast-forwarding 15 seconds; I'm talking about advertisements that are INTERRUPTING the podcast, you CAN'T skip them, and they are not related to the podcast.

Again, this isn't very pleasant. It makes me stop listening to the podcast and paying for the service. Wake up, interrupting a song, a video or a podcast makes us hate the brand that advertises and Spotify that allows it to.

Suggested posts