Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

New subscription / Custom URL

New subscription / Custom URL

Hello,

I recently just canceled my old account and signed up for a new premium subscription for my business. I went through the process and picked the username I wanted but it doesn't seem to display other from the weird string of letters/numbers.

Does the custom url take a period of time to update? My display name shows when going to my link but not the custom url like my old account had.

https://open.spotify.com/user/69211wm2il0177b4hlosfxifg

Thank for any help.

5 Replies

Hey @GlobalAZMedia, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

For your reference, here's more info about using your Spotify at a business or school in this support article

There is currently no way to get a Custom URL for your user page on the app. There's more info about usernames and display names here. If you're an artist on Spotify, you can get started here

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Billy,

Thanks for the comment and link. Is the non custom link/url thing new? My old account is still active with a custom url/username https://open.spotify.com/user/soundwavebrigade

Is this not an option with new accounts now? Also, that link provided really provided no info whatsoever for anything. Just trying to find out why this can't be done when it was fine in the past. This is why I wish they allowed for a username to be changed. Instead I had to cancel an account, start a new one and now be told you can't have a custom url? 

Hey @GlobalAZMedia

Thanks for getting back to me. I'd like to know if you're an artist on Spotify or not? Also, when was the old account created, do you remember? 

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Billy,

Sorry for the delay, I'm just not seeing this message. I do PR work and promotion work for local and national bands and such. I add new or existing songs to playlists and share that and change them out on the website from time to time.

The old account was made back in May of 2019. I'm not sure if they changed things after the fact but even when I made a new one for this it asked what username I wanted to use. Which usually is your unique url. 

Hey @GlobalAZMedia,

Thanks for posting, we'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

The profile links are structured in a way that ends with the username. It seems your old account was created before auto-generated usernames were introduced. This was changed security reasons as we take those maters very seriously. 

For new accounts even though the usernames are auto-generated we introduced the option to choose a custom display name. that way you're not limited in any way when customizing your account. This name will be shown on your profile and other users can search for it and bring up your account. In the link however it's the username that's included, because it's an unique identifier.

Keep in mind also that Spotify is intended only for private, non-commercial use. If you intend to use your account for business pour posses you should check out Spotify for Brands.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts