Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment failed - how long can I keep premium?

Payment failed - how long can I keep premium?

My credit card had to be cancelled due to a problem with the issuer, and I'll only reciece a new one by May 6th. I had my spotify payments scheduled to the 24th of every month, and this month's payment has failed (because the credit card is canceled, of course). For how much longer will I keep my premium? I am going to subscribe again immediately after I get my new card, so I just want to know how long will I be out of premium.

5 Replies

Hey @goshulu, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Great question. When your card isn't working, canceled, or doesn't have enough funds - your Premium subscription doesn't end right away. Spotify will attempt to charge your card for a few times - and then you'll revert to free (you'll get an email when that happens).

In your case, if you're getting your card on 05/06, then your Premium subscription will most likely end and revert to free until you get your card and resubscribe.

When you get your new card, you can always log in to your account and update your payment details to continue your Premium subscription. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, @Billy-J! I would like to know how many times Spotify tries to charge the linked card and how long—specific days—the premium tagging is still active? 

Hey @MryGrc01

Thanks for your post. There isn't an exact number or specified days in which Spotify attempts to charge the card after the first attempt, but typically it attempts to charge the card a few times throughout the week past your billing date. You will get emails whenever Spotify attempts to charge your card. However, to be on the safe side, it is best to update your payment method as soon as possible so that your subscription does not cancel. 

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’m currently waiting for my card to come in aswell my card was lost so we turned it off and currently waiting for the new one to be mailed in 

Hi @Yung_havoc,

Thanks for the reply. Your subscription will stay active for a while even if payments fail. So make sure to update the payment method to the new card as soon as you can and the plan should continue as normal.

Let us know if you need anything else.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts