Announcements

Payment need to change card

Payment need to change card

mrevilchaos

I got a new card in the mail, and I went to update it for my Spotify Premium. The thing is when I click the update button it won't allow me to update it the page just reloads. So I'm unable to change my card.

10 Replies

Alfredo

Hey @mrevilchaos, welcome to the community!

Let's try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to update your payment details.

Let me know if that does the trick.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I'm having the same exact issue, I don't have the option to change my payment method.

SpotifyPayment.jpg

Alfredo

Hey @user-removed!

Thanks for the screenshot.

Just to confirm, are you paying for Spotify Premium through a third party (e.g. your service provider)?

Keep me posted.

No I'm not, before, I had the option to edit my payment method 😞

Alfredo

I understand.

Right now, you should be able to update your payment details if you have a recurring payment method set up, like a credit card.

If your subscription is set up as a pay-as-you-go using a gift cards, there are no payment methods to update, so the option won't show up.

All the best.

I see, it makes sense now, last month I tried to update my cc info but I wasn't able to, I got in touch with someone from Spotify via Chat and he told me that they were "updating their system" so to help me not to lose my premium features he applied a credit using a gift card.

Do you know how can I go by switching to a recurring billing payment again? , should I contact Spotify via Chat?

Thanks for your help!

Alfredo

Alright!

In this case, there's no need to contact them via chat, you can just resubscribe here. You won't be charged right away, the payment method you add will be used once the gift card Premium is over.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you Alfredo, however, if I click there it redirects me to a page in which I can only choose the "family plan" and I don't need it :(, I was thinking on cancelling my premium subscription and resubscribing right after, but it's not letting me do that either.

This is turning to be very complicated :s , it's really frustrating

Alfredo

No worries!

Since your subscription is using a gift card, it'll go back to Free on the 15th of Apr 2018, as it shows on the screenshot you sent.

Once the account goes back to Free, you'll be able to resubscribe to the regular Premium, instead of the Family plan.

All the best.

catinet

How to contact Spotify (for this problem of updating for a new credit card)?

Suggested posts

Env: prod