Play different Spotify music on multiple Amazon echos/other devices concurrently

Solved!
Highlighted

Play different Spotify music on multiple Amazon echos/other devices concurrently

dkelleruk
Casual Listener

Hi, 

I have several Amazon Echoes at home. Also have the Spotify phone app and listen on desktop too.

What Spotify subscription will allow me and members of my family to listen to Spotify at the same time through any of these devices - all playing different music at once?

Is it possible?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Play different Spotify music on multiple Amazon echos/other devices concurrently

Yes @Seeeda024,

Exactly what @dkelleruk says.

No only do you need separate Spotify account but you also need separate Amazon accounts. You can then link the accounts together so every user can listen to his or her own music 🙂

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Play different Spotify music on multiple Amazon echos/other devices concurrently

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hey @dkelleruk ,

In this case I'd recommend the Spotify family plan! More information on this can be found here:

Premium for Family

Each family member will get their own sign in account and will be able to play on seperate devices through this. 

Let me know how it goes!

Robert_WRock Star 11
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

dkelleruk
Casual Listener

Thanks for that - so if I have a family plan, could you confirm that (for example) I would be able to play Spotify on each Echo, at the same time - different music that is,  *not* the same music. Thanks!

Highlighted

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hi @dkelleruk ,

As long as each person on the plan is signed into their own account each person will be able to play their own music on that particular device, providing each device and account is linked to Alexa.

I hope this helps!

Robert_WRock Star 11
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Seeeda024
Casual Listener

How did this work out for you. I wasn't able to make it work a year ago. I had to use Amazon Music Unlimited for the family plan, but miss Spotify every day.

My kids (all under 13) like to play their own streaming music in their own rooms, but out Echos are all under MY amazon account. 

If I remember correctly they all needed their own amazon accounts  and their own Spotify accounts. 

Highlighted

dkelleruk
Casual Listener

Yup, I had to create a separate Amazon account for everyone and link it to their own Echos. They each have their own Spotify accounts on a family plan.

Highlighted
Solution!

Yes @Seeeda024,

Exactly what @dkelleruk says.

No only do you need separate Spotify account but you also need separate Amazon accounts. You can then link the accounts together so every user can listen to his or her own music 🙂

GuidoModerator

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS