Premium Duo

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy A50

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I set up a Premium Duo account with the address, sent the link to the second user and as I was setting it up through their device, with me entering the same address as mine, it would give me an error that the addresses do not match. Despite me entering the same exact address, it kept showing that it doesn't match. I hope somebody can help me because this is a ridiculous policy in the first place. Why must we have the same address? 

Anyways, I hope I get a resolution to my issue.

4 Replies

Hey there @ciyax2225!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

We recommend that you check the country settings on both of the accounts that will be in the plan with the steps here.

It's possible that the country registered on your account and the one that you entered when you created the Duo plan are different. 

If you've already tried to update your settings but you still see the old country on your account, you'll need to wait until your next payment date so that the change will go into effect.

When your next payment goes through the newly registered payment method, the account should sync up and you will be able to add another member to the plan.

You can keep track of your subscription's status with the steps here.

Lastly, according to our T&Cs, Duo is the subscription plan for two people living under the same roof.

We hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m having the same problem with my daughters premium duo account. It keeps saying it’s not in the same country. Whether I use our address in Germany or my parents address in America (both entered to my account and hers). That’s pretty annoying to wait until the next billing cycle. I’ll try to check my account country. But I’m pretty sure it is Germany. 😞 May have to cancel this bogus subscription. 

Hey @Cappy1979,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

In order for everything to go smoothly, the country and the payment method should match. That could be a reason for you getting this error message. 

If you want to change update your payment details, you can check these steps. The country will update automatically with the next billing date. After that you can follow these steps to invite your daughter.

Tip: You can also check the country on her account, in order to avoid other potential issues.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Bogus.  I pay for my account through a US billing address, but live abroad and can't add my wife because she needs to verify the "address" on her foreign country phone.  Spotify automatically tells her that the address is not valid bc she appears to be accessing the account out of country!  Why go through all this BS just to add another person to the account that you have agreed to pay for?!!!!  We live in a global world.  Wake up to people having homes in various parts of the world or family members living abroad.  Stupid.  

Suggested posts