Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium family and switching/creating new user accounts

Premium family and switching/creating new user accounts

I have premium family.  One of my family members has been sharing my login under the plan.  They happen to have many playlists they have created and does not want to change.  I have none created so am willing to login under a new login, but when I try to add an invitation under the family plan it states you are the owner and cannot create a new login.  Any options?  

1 Reply

Hey @Lofster, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

When you start a Premium Family plan, everyone on the plan has their own Premium account under your profile (the owner) so everyone can listen and customize their accounts.

What happened here was one of your family members is on the same account as you. To correct this, could you send an invite to your family member? If you're not sure how to, check out this support article > Invite or remove members section - make sure to enter the email address of the family member's Spotify account, or another valid email address.

After that, the family member will check the email and accept the invite. They'll have the option to sign up or sign in to connect their account to your profile. And you should be all set.

I hope this helps. Happy New Year!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts