Duo

Country

United states

Device

S22 

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I set up Duo today (uograded from premium to duo) and attempted to add my partner. I didn't know beforehand that her account had already been upgraded to Duo, but she'd forgotten to add me so the partner slot on her Duo account was empty.  

I couldn't add her because she was already Duo.  Thus, I downgraded my account back to premium and tried to add myself to her account.  Turns out I have to wait until my Duo account "expires" and goes back to Premium before we can do this. 

It seems a little weird that I can't immediately downgrade my account and finish setting up Duo in this situation.  Any advice?

2 Replies

Needless to say this also results in me paying one month of the additional Duo fee while I want to be able to link our accounts. 

Hey @xdavio-us,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Premium Duo members are able to switch plans only once in 12 months, this includes switching between Premium Family and Premium Duo. This is called 12 month switching restriction.

You mentioned that you have downgraded to Premium, but you'll also need to cancel your existing Premium plan and wait until your account reverts to free. Once you do that, your partner will be able to invite you and you'll be able to accept the invite in order to be added to her existing Duo Plan.

Don't forget that you'll have to verify your address as well - more info on how to do that can be found in this support article. 

Hope this clear things up.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts