NEXT STEP

Somehow bought Premium with no actual account

Somehow bought Premium with no actual account

Country

Israel

Device

Xiaomi Redmi 3s

My Question or Issue

I downloaded Spotify from Google Play, opened it and after a few moments bought premium. I remember being asked to open an account and providing my email and password. I payed via PayPal and got a receipt.
Now - things got complicated. I tried to log in to the desktop app using the email and password I provided earlier - and apperantly there is no such account. I tried logging in via Facebook - which opened a new account without premium service.
I tried to re-sigh-up with the same account (using the same email and password I originally provided!) and it successfully created a new account - again, with no premium service.
I tried searching my Android cache, but there isn't any folder named "com.spotify.music" or anything similar there.

Can someone please help me understand how to cancel my premium membership (so I can buy it again in a valid account) or find my actual premium account?

Many thanks! 🙂

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

You should look on the receipt you got sent to your email address. This should say the username that you subscribed to Spotify Premium with!
Try to log in with that account.
When you see a 10 digit number log in with Facebook!

Upgraded-not-Premium-twitter_support.png
Have a great day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@luke Thanks for the answer, Luke. but here's the weird part - I did get a reciept from PayPal (I payed via PayPal) but NOT from Spotify. So I don't really understand - what happend and how do I cancel it?

I'll happily give you the details on my PayPal reciept, if needed.

Thanks again for taking your time to help me 🙂

Hey again @user-removed!

Could you please take a look at this support article and try all the steps provided there 🙂

You should especially try a password reset 🙂

Moreover, I recommend taking a look at your subscription page and see if your subscription is still active.

Let me know how it goes and

Have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star

Thanks again Luke, but I'm not quite sure my problem was clear enough. Let me rephrase that. Simply:

I payed for premium and opened a new account at the same time.

My payment was accepted but my account somehow did not.

I opened a new account using the same email address that I tried to use in the first place - but it's not premium.

So I know the password to both of my accounts (normal one and facebook one) but non of them have premium service - but I still pay for one. How do I cancel it?

Many thanks,

Shaked

Hey again @user-removed,

I think this is a case for the Spotify Support. I'd recommend reaching out to them one of the following ways:

They'll be able to take a look backstage.

Have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star

Suggested posts