Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium switched to Premiem Family without my concent

Spotify Premium switched to Premiem Family without my concent

Hello there,

I've got a few issues with my Spotify account and subscription. I've been using the service for a few years now without problems on a Premium Account.

I noticed on my last credit card statement that I was charged more last month.

I see that the amount corresponds to a Spotify Premimum Familly Account.

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 10.05.12.jpg

Double checking my online account, I see that indeed, I'm enrolled in the Premium Family.

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 10.06.02.jpg

"wth ??" would be the correct word to express my thoughts at that moment.

So I tried to contact support.

When I finally find the tiny link to see how to contact support, I click and I get.

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 10.07.15.jpg

Now this gets me thinking.

A couple of weeks ago, I notice on my Spotify app on the iPad on the "Home" tab, the "Recently played" section that there are Albums that I have not listened to that are showing up. And quite a few, like 10 or so...

I look at my settings on the app, and under the Device menu, I see two devices. One which is my iPad and one which is a Samsung Galaxy. I never had a Samsung in my life...

I don't know how the Samsung got there. And I'm wondering if that could have automatically switched my Premium subscription to Family.

If someone from support sees this, please get in contact.

Country -> Switzerland

Device -> Iphone SE

Operating System -> iOS 12.1

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

1 Reply

Hi @alexnapo-ca,

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account.

I recommend you to check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take, make sure you check everything that is included in this answer, it will help you.

Have a great day! Let me know if you need more help 😉

Suggested posts