Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Still being charged for Premium and double charged too!

Still being charged for Premium and double charged too!

Cancelled Premium but still being charged through a bank account I didn't know I'd authorised!  Charged twice a month for a very long time!  Sent info re the Payments Team - they sent it back suggesting I contact the Community Blog for answers! - I can't find anywhere where I have another Spotify subscription - need help with this as I'm owed quite a lot of money - and am unable to stop them taking money from my account. Help! 

4 Replies

Hey @hazelscott51

Did you get email receipts from previous subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you paid for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you're getting charged after you cancelled, it probably means you're paying a different account. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there - yes, I've checked my receipts-no Username/ID is shown on them though (see attachment).  The receipts are correct and stopped in January when I cancelled Premium.  It's the mystery, twice a month charges though my bank account that I don't understand.  I must be paying a different account, but I really can't find one!  I gave extensive info through filling out a contact form and was directed back here for answers.  I have replied to that email as I'm very frustrated with this....I guess I'll have to wait for a response - meanwhile yet more payments going out....it really shouldn't be this hard!

Spotify receipt.PNG

@hazelscott51

From the amount charged, looks like it's from iTunes. Check that your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal is off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Also, check that your email address is correct in your profile page, since it's there where all replies from Spotify are sent to.

If no reply gets to you, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook. They will be happy to help you too. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

...thanks but no, no apple anything!  Issue still ongoing ...

Suggested posts