Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching from Premium to Premium for students.

Solved!

Switching from Premium to Premium for students.

Hello all!

I just switched from the regular Spotify Premium plan to the cheaper student deal, of which I wasn't aware earlier, but I didn't see anything about canceling my old subscription. Does this mean Spotify will stop charging me $9.99 per month automatically and will only charge me for the Spotify+Hulu student deal from now on? Basically I'm asking if there's any chance I now have two Premium subscriptions instead of one.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kalinah, welcome to the community!

As long as you used the same Spotify account where you had your Premium subscription, and received the email validation of your student discount to complete the purchase, the subscription will automatically switch to the discount on your next billing date.

This means that the payment will automatically go from $9.99 to $4.99. Just remember to renew the discount every 12 months to keep it going.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @kalinah, welcome to the community!

As long as you used the same Spotify account where you had your Premium subscription, and received the email validation of your student discount to complete the purchase, the subscription will automatically switch to the discount on your next billing date.

This means that the payment will automatically go from $9.99 to $4.99. Just remember to renew the discount every 12 months to keep it going.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts