Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

missed my payment

Solved!

missed my payment

im always being charged every 10th of the month, but for this month, i missed my payment because i have insufficient funds. im planning to add funds to my account on the 11th of next month. will i be charged twice? one for the month i missed and for the next month?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @lien12, welcome to the community!

Hope your doing great! I’ll be more than happy to help you 🙂

Spotify will try to attempt your card in a few days to see if there are funds in the account. If there isn’t, then, your account will revert to free. 

In this case, I would cancel your subscription, wait until your account reverts to free, and when you have those funds on your account, you can easily subscribe again, to get Premium!

Hope this helps!

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@lien12 -

Thanks for the reply!

In regards to your question, when you cancel your subscription, you still have Premium until the subscription end date, which in your case is the 10th of August. 

Once you cancel your subscription, your account won’t be charged after the 10th, and when you are ready to subscribe, you can easily do this in your account settings. 

You won’t be charged twice if you cancel you subscription and wait until your account reverts to free. When you have those funds, you can resubscribe, and you will be charged at the regular rate for Premium. 

Hope this helps!

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @lien12, welcome to the community!

Hope your doing great! I’ll be more than happy to help you 🙂

Spotify will try to attempt your card in a few days to see if there are funds in the account. If there isn’t, then, your account will revert to free. 

In this case, I would cancel your subscription, wait until your account reverts to free, and when you have those funds on your account, you can easily subscribe again, to get Premium!

Hope this helps!

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

thanks man. will it revert to free as soon as i cancel my subscription? i was planning to cancel my sub on the 9th next month then resub on the 11th. it wont charged me twice right?

Marked as solution

@lien12 -

Thanks for the reply!

In regards to your question, when you cancel your subscription, you still have Premium until the subscription end date, which in your case is the 10th of August. 

Once you cancel your subscription, your account won’t be charged after the 10th, and when you are ready to subscribe, you can easily do this in your account settings. 

You won’t be charged twice if you cancel you subscription and wait until your account reverts to free. When you have those funds, you can resubscribe, and you will be charged at the regular rate for Premium. 

Hope this helps!

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts