Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

payed for spotify but it says I am still a free user

payed for spotify but it says I am still a free user

Hello Guys,

I switched to spotify premium 3 days ago and thought that it will last for 1 month. So I gave my bank information and then Spotify charged 0,01 cent to check if the bankaccount is correct. Today I saw that Spotify took 9,99 euro's for my premium account so that means that I can use premium for 1 month until I switch to free. Funny thing is, when I open spotify it says that I only can shuffle. This means that I haven't a premium account. So the question is why does Spotify charge me 9,99 euro's without letting me use the premium option?

3 Replies

Hey @Hamoen

Did you get an email receipt from Spotify for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have this same problem myself!  Looking forward to hearing how to be in touch with someone at spotify to clear it up but I can't find anyway to contact anyone.  Hmmm m m m . . . 

Hey @hilarylake

You could try what I suggested in my previous post, and see if that does it.

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts