Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Backstage-pass.png

Backstage Intro
Meet the Stars

Backstage Intro: Meet Soundofus

Richard

Hello Gerard (aka Community Rock Star soundofus), nice to meet you. Tell us a little about yourself.

I am French. Born, well, a significant time ago and I'm certainly older than most of Spotify users. To give a hint, let's say that I saw the Beatles on stage. 😄

Music has been a large part of my life, collecting vinyl recordings and CDs. When, in 2009, I heard about Spotify, I haven't hesitated to become a premium user because for me, it was the future of music.

So, what kind of music are you into?

First of all, I am eclectic. I use to listen any kind of music from old blues to recent hip-hop passing by vintage rock, indie rock, soul, pop, electro, trip-hop, some jazz. In fact, almost everything as long as it sounds good to my ears and, usually, I always trust my ears. 😄

I won't name what I dislike but, in general, you can find it at the top of the charts 😄

We hear you run a music website yourself. What can you tell us about that?

Yes, you have heard well. 🙂 As I have always been into sharing and as I have always been more trustfull in human choice than into algorithms, at the end of 2010, I have decided to create my own website based on Spotify large library : http://www.soundofus.com

Even if it's not perfect, that's my way to share all my knowledge and tastes into music by not only creating playlists but also by digging daily the new releases on Spotify to find new artists.

As I don't have any commercial obligations to promote this or that, I can select only what I want (yes, I am selective).

With my 17.9K+ followers on Spotify, I am pleased to see that I am not the only one to like what I like. 😄

Do you play any instruments yourself?

Yes, as a hobby, I used to play guitar, keyboards. But to be honest, most of my time is now dedicated to my website. 

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us. Before we go, what joke always makes you laugh?

My 'joke" is visual and resume what I don't like into music... 😄

Guetta-Piano.jpg

10 Comments