Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

new-music-blog-3.png

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - December 2020

osornios

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check November's review for more music.

This is it, the end of a difficult year. This month's releases reflect on it, with some tough subjects in hand. Let's have a listen, with a word from the artists themselves. 🎧

Backwards Charm - Funereal Dreams

BackwardsCharm.jpgTell me how do you see
Kindness in this cruelty
When anyone talks to me
Almost all I hear's funeral dreams

Vienna, Austria give us our first band performing a dark indie pop track about the current state of humanity:

"I wouldn't say that I wrote the lyrics in reminiscence of a particular past experience of mine. It's really more of an overall observation of how - although we're all made from the same fabric - we more and more lose touch of basic human traits and emotions, such as understanding, kindness and empathy, for instance. Not trying to render the lyrics' poetic qualities into a formal essay here, but I guess the last remaining bit of "human-good" is portrayed as soon-to-be-extinct, endangered by all the wrongs which seemingly take the upper hand.

And I guess what comes with that is additionally the gloomy forecast of the future and present, as perceived or thought of by the receiving-responding persona in the lyrics"

spotify:track:7j3Uc0o3tc8oL3AphBpZq8:small

DIYÂ - Go Away from My Head

DIYA.jpgGo away from my head
I don't want to remember the sound of your breath
Give me chance to forget
I hope there's no feeling left to regret

Straight from Dubai, Ukrainian singer DIYÂ offers us an EDM influenced Pop track perfect to dance away 2020:

"You know some time right before falling asleep we think of some past action and start questioning our decisions. And sometimes one of those ideas just gets stuck!  It’s so frustrating. 

This song was my way of expressing that what’s done is done and is over - time to move ahead. Replace those not so great experiences with something better. They have to leave my mind space for new to come in."

spotify:track:7uSRXLCq3yHawpq170jpMc:small  

Mariachi Las Adelitas - Cumbia Adelita

LasAdelitas.jpg

Pon tus pies donde tu corazón te diga
Y verás la realidad con la fantasía
Para que cargar tus shoulders con escombros
Agita el cuerpo and charge your soul
Nobody can't stop you corazón

For the first time, a regional mexican track gets to be featured, and what a track it is. UK based, all female band, Las Adelitas, brings us that invigorating Mariachi flavor worthy of a few shots of tequila:

"I was planning to write a love song but soon realised it would have been cathartic, so I decided to change direction for the benefit of the band! Writing about the Adelitas turned out to be empowering and uplifting. It’s a song filled with love, strength, joy and the pride of being a Latina."

spotify:track:6cNNGw8aWVNF37QUGoz3hH:small 

#MusicMonday 2020

We say goodbye to 2020 with this year's compilation. 104 titles from original artists covering plenty of different genres, all representing the multiple trends independent artists are proud to establish. Have a listen:

spotify:playlist:6njYrx7S1nuuZAJ25YMmg9:small

Preview 2021 and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:user:osornios:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!