Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Your Library] Liked songs (randomly) disappearing daily

[Android][Your Library] Liked songs (randomly) disappearing daily

Hi there all.

I've had this problem for WAY over a year - songs I've liked will just miraculously unlike at random.

I've not hit a limit, I've reinstalled the application on all devices,  I've tried finding the constant and the variable but to no avail.

Some days I'll notice my liked songs has not decreased, but other days I'll see it's gone down by up to 30 tracks - I'll go into my daily playlists and boom, one or more of my songs will be missing a heart.

I thought perhaps it might be certain albums, maybe licensing, but nope - nothing to do with license, date uploaded... just completely random to which ones will disappear that day.  Needless to say, this is insanely frustrating for a paid service, and an advisor even suggested starting a new account!

I've taken screenshot as proof, though it appears I can't upload unless I register - I'll do so if necessary. 

One thing I HAVE noticed is that sometimes (not always), if I search for the tracks in my "liked" songs, it'll appear multiple times, but if I scroll to it on the list, it will be absent.

Who else has experience with magically unliked songs on the daily?  Did anyone find a fix?

Huge thanks in advance. 

-Tommy

6 Replies

Screenshot_20210909-172432_Spotify.jpg

 as you can see, in everything from my "most played songs" to "on repeat" still has these songs for me, but in my liked songs,  they've disappeared!

Hey @TotoMimo,

Thanks for the post.

This could happen if the song releases are removed from the platform due to licensing issues in your country. Some tracks to which this happens get re-uploaded on the same day, some take longer. What happens in the end is that they're uploaded with different metadata, so the software sees them as different songs.

If a lot of your tracks are being unliked, as in your case, you might consider going through this guide to assure that you're the only one with access to your account. Other users might be unliking songs if your account is logged in on a device such as home speaker.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there Alex, thanks so much for taking the time!

If, by this logic they're effectively "new" entries with unique meta codes, then why when I've reliked lost tracks, do they sometimes come up as doubles (as in my attached) yet sometimes do not?

And rarer still, after reliking them, they simply will not exist in my list at all!  So, the outcomes are:

Tracks randomly unlike, I relike them and 

- they are back in my list

- they have multiple identical tracks in my list

- no new tracks are added

Screenshot_20210912-213648_Spotify.jpg

Hey @TotoMimo,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you try with another account on the same devices to see if anything changes? This is a good troubleshooting step as it can show if there is an issue with the account.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator

Unfortunately it is still occurring with my girlfriend's devices and account though nowhere near as often.

I'd think maybe my choice in music being a wee bit more esoteric played a factor but I can't be sure.

Hey @TotoMimo,

Thanks for the post.

Can you confirm that your girlfriend is also experiencing the exact same issue?

You can also try to disable the option Hide unplayable songs on your phone. This way you'll see if a track has been removed due to licensing issues, as it will appear grayed out instead of completely gone from a playlist.

Let us know if you see tracks getting grayed out after some time.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts