Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't remove local files from liked songs

Solved!

Can't remove local files from liked songs

I have 2 songs in my liked songs playlist which are local file songs. I have disabled local files on my PC and phone, and I've also deleted the songs from the folder in which I previously had my Spotify Local Files linked to. Below is a link to an Imgur album that shows screenshots of my playlist and settings.
https://imgur.com/a/coqqSrL

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try pressing the delete button on the keyboard, one user had success with that. 

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Barking good to see you zacsheart!

Thank you for sharing the screenshots. It looks like you have already tried disabling local files on your PC and phone and deleting the songs from the folder in which you previously had your Spotify Local Files linked to. However, it seems that the songs are still appearing in your playlist.

One thing you can try is to remove the songs from your playlist and then add them back again. This should force Spotify to re-sync your playlist and remove any local files that are no longer available.

To remove a song from your playlist, simply right-click on the song and select “Remove from this Playlist”. To add a song back to your playlist, you can either drag and drop it into your playlist or use the “Add to Playlist” button.

I hope this helps! I'm all ears, and my tail's a-waggin' for updates!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star

Hello, when I right-click on one of the local file songs in my Liked Songs, I don't have an option to "Remove from this Playlist", because the song is in my Liked Songs, not a playlist that I've created. When I right-click on one of the local file songs in my Liked Songs, it gives me the option to "Save to your Liked Songs", but the thing is that I don't have it saved to my Liked Songs. When I press on that option or on the heart, it does nothing. When I right-click on a non local file song within my Liked Songs, I have the option to remove it from my Liked Songs, but it does not give me that option with the local file songs. 

PC 3.png

PC 4.png

  

Marked as solution

Try pressing the delete button on the keyboard, one user had success with that. 

PragueSpotify Star

Bingo was his name-o!

howl at ya boy if you need anything!

PragueSpotify Star

That worked. Thank you so much!

I am having the same problem only with liked songs, I have tried to deselect the liked button, I have tried delete. nothing is working. 

Suggested posts