Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Discovery weekly broken

Solved!

Discovery weekly broken

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

I have used discover weekly for several years now. Since one week ago, the playlist is completey flooded with random music from Asian artists from random genres. Right now, this feature is completely unusable to me. How can I fix this? I have checked my history, there's nothing there that is even remotely similar to the music that floods my playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Sibene7, thanks for reaching out!

My first suggestion is that you go to your account overview page, and scroll down to "Sign out everywhere".

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

You can also reset your password:

https://www.spotify.com/account/change-password/

Then you can keep listening to your favorite songs, and your discover weekly will soon be fine.

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Sibene7, thanks for reaching out!

My first suggestion is that you go to your account overview page, and scroll down to "Sign out everywhere".

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

You can also reset your password:

https://www.spotify.com/account/change-password/

Then you can keep listening to your favorite songs, and your discover weekly will soon be fine.

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I love the concept of the discover weekly playlist. I regularly add the songs to my favorite playlists. The problem is that my last four discover weekly playlists have been  WAY off. I never listened to a single bollywood track on Spotify but my whole discover consists of indian / bollywood songs. I normally listen to EDM tracks. It has been  so far up until recently

This week - Bollywood

Last week - generic Pop Songs

Two weeks ago - Only spanish songs

Three weeks ago - Bollywood again

Why does this keep happening???

My current discover weekly:

DeineMudda753_0-1713199124308.png

What I normally listen to:

DeineMudda753_1-1713199161455.png

Discover Weekly is becoming useless. I listen to dancehall, R&B and afropop. Sometimes dancehall is predomintant. And I normally don't listen to songs by male singers. In Discover Weekly, 90% are males 😣 and 70% is afropop, 0% dancehall.

I had the same suspicion that somebody else was listening with my account but my password is ginormous and my listening history is also clean, containing only songs I listen to. And for the discover weekly being manipulated SO HEAVLY by 3rd parties they would need to listen nonstop because I use Spotify like 8h/day. 

I can only say logging out of devices and changing passwords helped, but I don't know why. Also for me there was no hint that others accessed my account. My suspicion is that this is related to an internal hack of Spotify or leverages some internal exploit, not on the side of the user. What I did notice was that two days before my new, intact discovery list came out, the old one became completely inaccessible, so maybe there was some intervention on Spotify's side.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

any

Operating System

any

My Question or Issue

I keep getting indian, russian and all kinds of random music in my suggestions despite never listening to any of it, despite mostly listening to metal, rock and punk. 
I used to love this function, it suggested me some of my favorite bands today...but for months it has given me nothing but random garbage

Screenshot 2024-04-24 133129.png

Suggested posts