Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded local file wont play on phone iOS

Downloaded local file wont play on phone iOS

My Question or Issue

I have a lot of local files in my playlists and they all have been working for years. But now recently there is just one song that appears to be unavailable, even though it had been in my playlist since 2017. Out of nowhere I can’t play the song anymore on my phone. 

On my MacBook I can still play it. And on my iPhone I can see the song, it even has a green download arrow next to it, so it should be downloaded. I just can’t click on it, and when I try to play it on my MacBook and then switch devices while playing it will say that the song isn’t synced. 

I have redownloaded the playlists, deleted the song from playlists and added it back but nothing seems to work.

20AE89BF-B35D-4960-843A-B4AC4D272A67.png
6020074C-0D95-43A9-8F10-B9B6EFB7713E.png
1 Reply

Hey @ThomasCapozzi

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The way local files work has changed recently. The synchronization between files from PC and your mobile device over the network is no longer available. The audio file, that you want to play within the app, needs to be physically present on your iPhone's storage in order to be played by Spotify. You have to upload it following the steps in this article. 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any other questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts