Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Episodes listed on my personal playlist aren’t showing

Solved!

Episodes listed on my personal playlist aren’t showing

So whenever I check my personal playlist, 13 episodes are listed as included. I can only account for 6. I also know for a fact that even though these episodes aren’t showing up they’re still taking up space in my playlist. 

Plan

Premium

device

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for all additional info @JDOG_TD!

I had a look at the screenshot you sent over, and along with the details you've provided, it seems like the tracks that you're unable to see might no longer be available within the app.

It would be great If you could try moving all tracks from this playlist into a new one, to see if it still shows the same amount of tracks. Just make sure to switch off Hide Unplayable Songs before copying the tracks over.

The easiest way to copy them to a new playlist is directly through the app. Just open the playlist > press the 3 dots > Add to other playlist > select New playlist.

Keep us posted on how you get on!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @JDOG_TD,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

Could you check if you have Hide Unplayable Songs switched on? You can check this in the app, just go to Settings > Playback. When the toggle shows as switched off, all tracks that's been added to the playlist should be displayed.

You can also try clearing stored cache to see if it makes a difference.

Shouldn't that do the trick, could you let us know if it happens on other devices that you use Spotify on? A screenshot or video showing how things look from your end would also be helpful. If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

MariaModerator

Hello. I already had unplayable songs set to “show”, and I manually went through my playlist to look for the missing episodes. While I did find and delete a few unplayable songs, I found no trace of the missing episodes. I’ve already tried clearing my cache recently, but it didn’t do anything. I did look on my computer to see if the issue carried over there. The desktop version of spotify makes no distinction between listed songs and listed episodes, both are just listed as songs. However, the visible episodes did add up to the correct listed playlist number (ie. The playlist number says there are 9,975 songs in my playlist, and 6 of those songs are actually episodes), so the issue appears to be iPhone exclusive. Unless the missing episodes are in the desktop version but just aren’t being shown. The best way I’ve been able to track this on my iPhone is by adding new songs to my playlist.

As shown in this photo, there are 13 episodes listed in my playlist. I’ve only managed to account for 6. And I know those phantom 7 are taking up space because once I reach 9,987 songs in my playlist I hit the hard cap. 

IMG_0227.jpeg

Marked as solution

Thanks for all additional info @JDOG_TD!

I had a look at the screenshot you sent over, and along with the details you've provided, it seems like the tracks that you're unable to see might no longer be available within the app.

It would be great If you could try moving all tracks from this playlist into a new one, to see if it still shows the same amount of tracks. Just make sure to switch off Hide Unplayable Songs before copying the tracks over.

The easiest way to copy them to a new playlist is directly through the app. Just open the playlist > press the 3 dots > Add to other playlist > select New playlist.

Keep us posted on how you get on!

MariaModerator

That seems to have done the trick. When I transferred over all my songs to the new playlist it only shows 6 episodes now. Thank you.

Hey there @JDOG_TD,

That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know it worked out alright for you 🙂

Should anything else appear, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

MariaModerator

Suggested posts