Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Give the option to disable “made for you” feature

Give the option to disable “made for you” feature

It seems that all the Spotify-created playlists I used to listen to were often updated with new songs by real, human editors. It was super convenient for discovering new music.

And now a lot of these playlists are labeled "made for you" and contain mostly AI added tracks I've already liked, sometimes not even close to the playlist’s genre. Even when I listen to things far from what I usually listen to, the auto-play function always ends up playing music I know. 

It's a real bummer, I feel like there's no easy way to discover new songs anymore. Could we get the choice to disable the “made for you” feature ? 

20 Replies

No matter how much we all agree that the AI-driven "made for you" BS is garbage, I highly doubt Spotify will ever make any changes bc this allows them to not only save money by not paying anyone to curate these playlists, but also spoon-feed you the new albums they have been paid to promote (and nothing else). The thing that initially drew me to Spotify was how easy it was to find new music I liked. The algorithms were fantastic 10 years ago, but they've slowly stripped every single user-centric feature to try to make more money with the least amount of effort on their part. As they continue to strive for endless profit growth, they will continue to strip features until people start leaving and they either go out of business or are forced to make a major pivot. But I wouldn't count on them actually listening to any of us bc they did this on purpose. 

Suggested posts