Free

Country

England

Device

iPhone SE 1st gen

Operating System

iOS 15 ish (most recent one)

My Question or Issue

cant access the go to song radio or artist radio from 3 dots. I found some artists/songs have their artist radio listed under their page as “featured in..” but some artists don’t have this feature and to get to a song radio you have to open up the song page (not album page) which requires searching. This is very difficult to do for songs that are titled in Japanese or Korean etc… 

not sure if this is some sort of new feature; if it is please bring back access to the song/artist radio to the 3 dots,

if it’s just a me thing can someone let me know how to solve this?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling & clearing cache.

not sure how long it’s been this way as I haven’t been looking for new songs lately as I was busy bingeing my fave playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

To start, we'd like to explain to you a little more about the features you mention, since they are not the same. The "Go to song/artist radio" is something different from the "Featured in" lists you find in an artist profile.

When you open a song/artist radio, you'll get an auto generated playlist with similar music. Now, the "Featured in" is a collection of playlists curated by Spotify in which the artist is included, in addition to those playlists, you can also find some artist's radio. 

However, the "Go to song/artist radio" feature that you find in the 3 dot menu is available on the mobile app only for Premium subscriptions. This may be the reason you're not able to find it. You can find the feature on the desktop app even if you have a free subscription.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

To start, we'd like to explain to you a little more about the features you mention, since they are not the same. The "Go to song/artist radio" is something different from the "Featured in" lists you find in an artist profile.

When you open a song/artist radio, you'll get an auto generated playlist with similar music. Now, the "Featured in" is a collection of playlists curated by Spotify in which the artist is included, in addition to those playlists, you can also find some artist's radio. 

However, the "Go to song/artist radio" feature that you find in the 3 dot menu is available on the mobile app only for Premium subscriptions. This may be the reason you're not able to find it. You can find the feature on the desktop app even if you have a free subscription.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts