Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I remove downloads on old devices that is not in working condition?

How can I remove downloads on old devices that is not in working condition?

I tried to download a playlist on my current device but Spotify says that i have reach the limit and i have to remove downloads from old devices. I dont have access to these devices anymore. How can i remove it?
3 Replies

Hey, @ 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Let's try to sign out of all your devices. You can do it following these steps:

1. Access your account overview page;
  2. Scroll down until the end of the page until you find the section 'Sign out everywhere';
  3. Then you need to tap the button.

Note this will revoke the access on all your devices and probably remove the downloads on all of them. After it, you should be able to redownload your content on the devices you want.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Luan,

I've tried using your method, however, it didn't work. Can you help me? Please and thank you!

Hey there @mamadokk62

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community. 

Keep in mind that you can download as many as 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices.

If you have access to your previous device that you no longer use, you can remove your downloads by going to the app Settings > Storage > Remove all downloads.

If you don't have access to your previous device anymore, no worries, an unused offline device should be removed automatically after 30 days of the app on the device not being able to connect to the internet.

Or if you prefer, you can also reach out to our Customer Support team through any of these channels so they can further assist you with this.

Lastly, we'd like to share with you this idea posted by another user on our Ideas board. Despite its current status, you can still add your vote to it and if anything changes in the future, we'll make sure to keep everyone updated over there.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. 

Also, you can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts