Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can i make shazam recognize an existing "My Shazam Tracks" playlist?

How can i make shazam recognize an existing "My Shazam Tracks" playlist?

i have researched multiple users' questions but none of them asking this question so i will;
my original (1st) "my shazam tracks" playlist got ignored by shazam (context 1) and a new (2nd) "my shazam tracks" appeared and started adding tracks to it (context 2), assuming i deleted the 2nd playlist, how can i make shazam recognize there's already an existing "my shazam tracks" playlist in root directory of my library and sync to it?
I have tried disconnecting shazam from spotify(in shazam app) and revoked shazam access to spotify(spotify account "manage apps" section) and re-connected them but shazam still creates new playlists everytime

Screenshot_20230720_222551.png
Screenshot_20230720_222626.png
3 Replies

context 1: initially, i have 1 "my shazam tracks" playlist created around november 2019, it was created and placed in root directory of my library, then i moved it to "mine" folder that i created to separate playlists i created to others; spotify was syncing flawlessly even when this 1st "my shazam tracks" folder was in "mine" folder until...

context 2: ...october 2022, a new (2nd) "my shazam tracks" playlist appeared in root directory of my library and shazam started to add new tracks to this 2nd playlist, completely ignored the 1st playlist in "mine" folder, it's like from october 2022 shazam started to scan "my shazam tracks" playlist only in root directory of my library, not from child folders anymore;

i was busy so i left it as is, until recently i want shazam to go back syncing with the original (1st) playlist so i moved the 1st playlist out into root directory of my library added all tracks from the 2nd playlist to the 1st playlist and deleted the 2nd playlist, hoping shazam would start recognizing the 1st and continue adding new tracks to it normally; but it did not, instead shazam created another playlist with the same name "my shazam tracks" even though there's already existed the 1st playlist, so i deleted this new (3rd) playlist and tried again, nothing changes; then i tried to disconnect, revoke access, re-connect (as described above) and still shazam creates a new "my shazam tracks" playlist every single time; now i have many deleted "my shazam tracks" under "recover playlist" section with no idea how to make shazam find and locks itself to only one playlist 

elvisisvan_0-1689867517711.png

Hey @elvisisvan,

Thanks for reaching out and kudos for the research you've done so far.

It's currently not possible to force-sync those playlists, however, you can work around this by adding the contents of the old one to the new one.

We understand how having 2 separate playlists for your Shazam tracks (and a new one being created every time you connect your account to Spotify) might be inconvenient, so we've made sure to forward your feedback to the relevant team here at Spotify.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

yeah i don't think i like that workaround because of how manual it is but for the time being i would just do it anyways, thanks for your answer, i do have 2 questions though:

1. did anything significant happened between october&november of 2022 that affect how shazam sync its tracks to spotify?

2. what's the future plan for better spotify&shazam synchronization?

Suggested posts